Tuesday, July 1, 2014

No Excuses!

Sorry I’m late… I spent most of last week working on a workplace presentation on same-sex marriage, and my creative energies are about sapped.

I spent yesterday giving the presentation, then I helped friends move, and today after work I have a wake to attend.

These are not excuses, but rather a begging of pardon for lateness and the brevity of this post!

I finished reading “Godless” by Dan Barker, and now have added him to the very short list of deconverts I would love to meet one day (the only other entry is Bart Ehrman -- I'm actually thinking about converting to polytheism so I can worship these two as gods -- just kidding!). His book was inspiring, to say the least, especially since I followed some of the same path, and had many of the same questions (and objections).

Certainly, “Godless” was a very refreshing read, especially after the more scientific Dawkins and philosophic Carrier. I mean no disrespect to either, but sometimes one is thirsty for an easy read and these two learned gentleman can make one’s brain ache with knowledge!

Speaking on thirst for reading, I cannot believe that I have so far read 11 books in aid of my deconversion! Number 12 is in progress. This is nearly double what I read last year... a new record!

On a more bittersweet note, I feel that soon I will be ready to start moving past the self-centricity of this topic to start working on redeveloping this blog into a more useful resource for Christians looking to deconvert, or for those who have already done so and are seeking information and/or fellowship. This means my blog will probably become a bi-weekly or monthly affair (but hopefully more informative posts).

The fact is, I am moving out of the inquisitive phase, where one tries to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible. I’m starting to feel the itch of needing to take action. To find others like me, to mobilize, and to start helping to hit back against the monster that Christianity is.

Until next Monday,
Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment